I have this bump under my eye. Should I pop it out? Will it hurt my eyes?

Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Ophthalmology
In brief: Do not pop, see MD
Most bumps are benign, need no special drops or ointments, do not hurt eyes, but it must be evaluated for proper treatment.

In brief: Do not pop, see MD
Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Ophthalmology
In brief: Unknown bump
Bump around the eyes may be benign cysts or may be cancerous lesions.
It is best if you have a bump around your eye to see your eyecare provider to determine the best method for removal.

In brief: Unknown bump
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Don't squeeze!
Bumps on the eyelid (front or back side) should never be squeezed.
They are usually caused by inflammation and/or infection. Squeezing the bump can send the infection deeper into the eyelid and even potentially further back toward the brain. See your eye doctor, who can treat it with medication, and possibly drain it if necessary.

In brief: Don't squeeze!
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Edward Meier
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
It may be a chalazion which should be removed by an ophthalmologist in a procedure in the office.
Have it evaluated because it could also be a skin cancer on your eyelid.

In brief: No
Dr. Edward Meier
Dr. Edward Meier
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Ophthalmology
In brief: Get checked out
Not enough information here.
Is the bump in the lid? Under the eyeball within the conjunctiva? Either way, don't "pop" it yourself. It may not be "poppable" and you are risking causing an infection in a very sensitive organ among other potential dangers. It will probably hurt too. Have it checked out.

In brief: Get checked out
Not enough information here.
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Dr. Adam Smith