How do I safely take out my contact lenses?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology
In brief: Contacts
1) wash hands, 2) dry hands, 3) stand in front of mirror, 4) hold lower lid open, 5) grasp lens with thumb and index finger, 6) pinch gently, taking care not to scratch your cornea, 7) remove lens, 8) clean lens, 9) store lens in case.

In brief: Contacts
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Ophthalmology
In brief: Lens hygiene
First, make sure your hands are clean.
Wash them thoroughly before putting your fingers into your eyes. Second, avoid placing long nails/press on nails into the eye and make sure the nails are clean. Gently pinch the lens with the fingerpads of your thumb and forefinger, avoiding the intoduction of your nails into the corneal surface. If the lens is adherent, moisten it with artificial tears.

In brief: Lens hygiene
First, make sure your hands are clean.
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Dr. Peter Kurzweil