I have permanent veins in my eyes that just won't go away. It doesn't hurt. Is this normal?

Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
This may be entirely normal.
Many individuals have prominent conjunctival and episcleral vessels just as a matter of their anatomy. In some, however, especially if the vessels are extremely prominent ant tortuous, this may be a sign of an intracranial process such as carotid-cavernous fistula or cavernous sinus thrombosis. In others, it represents inflammation. Have it looked at.

In brief: Depends
This may be entirely normal.
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably normal
All have veins on the eye surface although the density varies.
= sometimes there are so many that the eyes seem red much of the time. These are not harmful but your ophthalmologist can evaluate whether yours exceed the normal and whether you are a candidate for laser ablation.

In brief: Probably normal
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Andrea Brand