I tried using those suction cups to take out my contacts, but it got stuck and I had to peel it off. Did this damage my eye membrane?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably not...
It is unlikely that there was permanent damage.
If there was significant pain afterwards for at least a few hours, you may have scratched the cornea or caused some of the skin to come off. The cornea has the fastest regenerating skin in the body, and any scratches heal quickly. See an eye doctor if you either have pain or decreased vision (as well as for reassurance!).

In brief: Probably not...
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
It depends on what you mean by "eye membrane".
The contact lens sits on your cornea and yes, undue force may cause a corneal abrasion. This is painful. If you mean the lens or retina, you are unlikely to have damaged these structures as they are internal to the eye. If you have pain, vision loss or any concerns, see your ophthalmologist.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Daniel Goldberg
Dr. Daniel Goldberg