I tend to squint for no reason. Does this mean that I have some kind of eye infection?

Dr. Rebecca Dale
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Probably not - the most likely reason is a refractive error.
Squinting acts a little bit like glasses to help sharpen images. If you have no other symptoms, that's the most likely culprit.

In brief: No
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Dr. Donny Reeves
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
It likely means that you are simply sensitive to light.
You may try lubricating eye drops first. There are some eye conditions that may be a cause for your light sensitivity. You should seek the advice of an eye care professional if lubrication does not help.

In brief: No
Dr. Donny Reeves
Dr. Donny Reeves
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Squinting may not be a sign of infection, but may indicate a more serious condition.
I would see an eye specialist to determine if the eyes are normal.

In brief: No
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Michael Rosenberg
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Squinting may occur in an effort to see better in patient who needs glasses but does not have any, or who had poor vision due to other ocular conditions.
The reason can usually be determined by a good examination by an eye M.D.

In brief: No
Dr. Michael Rosenberg
Dr. Michael Rosenberg
Dr. Thomas Patrianakos
Ophthalmology
In brief: It depends
Squinting can be a sign od photophobia (sensitivity to light).
This can sometimes be a sign of inflammation in the eye. It could be nothing but you should be evaluated by an ophthalmologist.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Thomas Patrianakos
Dr. Thomas Patrianakos
Dr. Keegan Duchicela