I have this huge bump on my eyes. What is it and will it go away by itself?

Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Ophthalmology

In brief: Skin bumps

It depends on where the bump is and the cause of the bump.
It is probably best to see an eye specialist to determine if this bump is serious and requires treatment.

In brief: Skin bumps

Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Seek treatment

Bumps on the eyelids can be caused by infections or inflammation, and should be evaluated by an eye doctor. Often, eye medications or drainage is required to properly treat an eyelid bump.
If there is pain as well, you should see a doctor immediately. If the bump is on the eye itself, it should also be seen promptly. Large bumps do not tend to go away on their own.

In brief: Seek treatment

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz