What do I do if only one of my eyes has bad eye sight? Wear contacts in one?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Possibly

Depending on the cause of the poor vision, you may benefit from a contact in that eye or corrective surgery to have its prescription equal that of your better eye.
If you have had poor vision in the one eye since you were young and you are now an adult, changing the prescription with contacts or surgery may still not improve its ability to see.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Tal Raviv
Ophthalmology

In brief: Its optional

If only one eye has a refractive error than only that eye needs to be corrected.
This can be done by an individual contact lens or sometimes with glasses (if the prescription is not too big). For a more permanent solution, laser vision correction on one eye may be explored as an option.

In brief: Its optional

Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Adam Smith