If I pick my eye boogers with my finger, will I have more wrinkle on the corners of my eyes?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Eyelid Wrinkles

The lower eyelid skin is the thinnest skin on our bodies.
It is also placed in an area that gets lots of sun exposure and so it loses its elastic and collagen faster then other areas. Also, the thick cheek skin causes wear & tear on the lower lid skin when we smile. All of these factors are probably more important in the cause of wrinkles on the lid then occasionally picking. Hope this helps!

In brief: Eyelid Wrinkles

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
See your Eye MD to determine why you are getting discharge from your eyes. Keep your fingers away from your eyes as finger skin has bacteria on it that may cause a difficult conjunctivitis
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology

In brief: Eyelid wrinkles

Manipulation of the elastic skin of the eyelid should not cause permanent damage or wrinkles.

In brief: Eyelid wrinkles

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

You will not get more wrinkles.
However, gently washing the lashes with a mild soap or commercially available eyelid scrub may decrease the formation of the crusting.

In brief: No

You will not get more wrinkles.
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: No

Picking eye boogers does not cause wrinkles.

In brief: No

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: No

If you are worried about it though, try soaking your eyes with a warm moist washcloth and getting rub them out.

In brief: No

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Possibly

It all depends on how vigorously you rub your eyelids.
If you excessively rub the corners of your eyes, the skin in that region can become more lax after several years. This may lead to increased wrinkle formation. Gentle removal of the material, or washing it with artificial tears would be a better option.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Steven Seres