If I have dry eyes, does that mean that I have scarred the membrane of my eyes?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: No
No.   your tear film is just not adequate to properly lubricate your eyes.

In brief: No
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Symblepharon, or scarring membranes on the conjunctiva usually happen in severe inflammatory states like steven's johnson syndrome where dry eye is also present.
Severe ocular surface disease can lead to corneal scarring, and thus needs to be followed by a corneal specialist.

In brief: No
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. John Odette
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Dry eye affects the cornea and conjunctiva of the eye.
There is no "membrane" to scar. If the eyes are severely dry the cornea can have chronic changes and scarring can occur. This is rare. If you are concerned see your local ophthalmologist for a better evaluation.

In brief: No
Dr. John Odette
Dr. John Odette
Dr. Vicken Poochikian