I had vitrectomy a month ago, but my eye sight has been deteriorating ever since. Is this normal? What can I do?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: See your surgeon

Depending on the reason for the surgery, there may need to be further treatment, or you may have developed another condition, such as cataracts, that may need to be addressed.
Your surgeon will have the best knowledge of your situation and can set up the most appropriate treatment plan for you.

In brief: See your surgeon

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Tal Raviv
Ophthalmology

In brief: Return to MD

Vitrectomy is performed for many eye conditions.
If your eyesight worsens after vitrectomy you should return to your ophthalmologist for a check. Commonly, cataracts form after vitrectomy and their removal can restore the vision.

In brief: Return to MD

Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Keegan Duchicela