I have multiple joint pain and think I may have ross river virus, could I have gotten this from a mosquito?

In brief: Ross River Fever

Have you traveled to Australia, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands or Indonesia? Ochlerotatus vigilax, Ochlerotatus camptorhynchus & Culex annulirostris mosquitoes are known to transmit Ross River Virus.
If you haven't travelled to endemic areas than risk of developing Ross River Fever is just about nil.

In brief: Ross River Fever

Dr. Richard Perlman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Mosquito-borne

Yes, it is mosquito-borne, but is found primarily in australia and the western pacific.

In brief: Mosquito-borne

Dr. Richard Perlman
Dr. Richard Perlman
Dr. Booth Wainscoat
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: This is unlikely

In australia, the most common infection spread by mosquitos is ross river virus.
Ross river virus would not be expected in the United States unless the affected person had traveled to australia or to other affected islands in the south pacific.

In brief: This is unlikely

Dr. Booth Wainscoat
Dr. Booth Wainscoat