I feel like I have needles on my skin but there are no physical signs of it- should I be concerned?

Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Worth getting seen

Peripheral neuropathy (abnormal response of peripheral nerves causing abnormal sensations or numbness) can cause pins/needles feeling on the skin and has a large number of causes/contributors, some of which are serious (eg diabetes, ms, alcohol abuse, others).
If there is no obvious cause (sitting too long in one position etc), or it persists, it is well worth being evaluated in clinic.

In brief: Worth getting seen

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. HECTOR Franco
Dermatology

In brief: See your doctor

There are many variables that would determine if it is a problem to worry about.
Things like how long you have had the problem and how long these episodes last as well as what precipitates the sensation. Causes could be neurological or circulatory. See your primary care doctor to help you determine the seriousness and cause of your symptoms.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. HECTOR Franco
Dr. HECTOR Franco
Dr. Arnon Rubin