I'm 58, do I really need to get the chicken pox vaccine if i'm just below positive in immunity?

In brief: Maybe shingles vacc.

Older adults can get the shingles vaccine.
Shingles is a recurrence of one's chicken pox virus (that has lived in the nerves for years since one caught chicken pox). Shingles affects one section of the body, and can leave significant permanent pain. People who develop shingles usually wish they had prevented it with the vaccine. Primary care doctors have the vaccine, but it is not 100% protective.

In brief: Maybe shingles vacc.

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Shingles Vaccine

Shingles is a terrible disease and anybody who has ever had it can attest to that.
The shingles vaccination is a very effective way to try to prevent this. And immunity to the VZV virus does wane as we get older.

In brief: Shingles Vaccine

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Steven Seres