I've had pinworms for 25 yrs, is there anything I can do to get rid of it all together?

Dr. Kevin O'neil
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Medication
Pinworms can be treated with several different oral medications.
Usually treatment is an oral dose of the medication with a followup dose in 2 weeks. The cure rate for the 2 dose regimen is 90% or greater.

In brief: Medication
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Kevin O'neil
In brief: Hard to say
If you are assuming you have pw because of anal itching, repeated treatments will not help if the problem is something else.
Pw are an only human parasite, and you can only get repeat infestations by ingesting the eggs.These are microscopic and get on your fingers after exposure to a source.Treat it if real, eliminate exposures and wash your hands often, and it will not return.

In brief: Hard to say