Is it normal to have an itchy skin rash and swollen neck after chicken pox?

Dr. Bryan Levey

When you have chicken pox, you will have three types of rash: you will have red bumps, little bubbles called vessicles filled with clear or slightly yellow fluid, and scabs.
The rash itches terribly, and can be soothed with oatmeal baths, topical lotions, tylenol (acetaminophen) and benadryl. Swollen lumps in the neck and other places are called "lymph nodes, " and are a sign that the immune system is working.

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Probably

I presume you are referring to the blister-like rash with chickenpox which may itch during the healing process.
The neck gland swelling is not unexpected with an infectious process.

In brief: Probably

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Jonathan Jassey