What should I do if I think I might have rabies?

In brief: Need a doctor, shots
A person who thinks he was exposed to rabies should be seen by a doctor within a day or so, in order to get started on rabies vaccinations.
Only certain clinics stock the vaccines. A person who has good reason to believe he actually has rabies symptoms should prevent his saliva from contacting others. He should call ahead and go to the emergency room to be hospitalized for diagnostic testing.

In brief: Need a doctor, shots
Dr. Stephen Pool
Emergency Medicine
In brief: See a Doc Now
Rabies is a preventable viral disease of mammals most often transmitted through the bite of a rabid animal.
The vast majority of rabies cases reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) each year occur in wild animals like raccoons, skunks, bats, and foxes. http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/index.html

In brief: See a Doc Now
Dr. Stephen Pool
Dr. Stephen Pool
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Rabies symptoms
If you think you have rabies, you should seek help immediately.
However, rabies is extremely rare in the United States, so based on probability alone - I don't think you have it. You need a 'real exposure' from an infected animal - which should be defined clearly by a health professional. There are experimental protocols for rabies treatment, but probably you just need some counseling & vaccines

In brief: Rabies symptoms
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand