Is it normal to have normal ultra sounds of my thyroid and a normal sestamibi but abnormal blood work?

Sestamibi scan should have been ordered if you had high serum calcium and high PTH and urine calcium is not low.
It shows the abnormal parathyroid only 85 % of the time. The ultrasound is less likely to show an abnormal parathyroid and very dependent upon the person performing the ultrasound.

Dr. Bradford Mitchell
Dr. Bradford Mitchell
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Endocrinologist can best decide what's happening not enough info for me to speculate.

Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
An ultrasound checks for anatomical defect.
The blood work checks for functional defect. You can have a normal looking thyroid (no nodules, normal anatomy) but can be hypo or hyperthyroid on blood work (abnormal function).

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Marsha Davis