Do I need to change my diet for pregnancy?

Dr. Craig Keathley

In brief: No

If you are already eating a healthy, well balanced diet, then you don't need to change.
There are some changes in mineral and vitamin recommendations that can be supplied through a prenatal vitamin. You do not need to "eat for two." the increased calorie requirements during pregnancy amount to approx. 300 cal/day which is not a significant amount.

In brief: No

Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Just eat right

Good fats such as olive oil and coconut oil are fine in sensible amounts.
Eat a rainbow of organic vegetables and just enough protein. Eat complex carbohydrates, avoid sugars and limit flour products.

In brief: Just eat right

Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Adam Levy