How can I handle my hashimoto's thyroiditis w/o taking meds that will make me gain weight?

Depends. Not all individuals with hashimoto's thyroiditis require thyroid replacement but the majority of them will need it later in their disease course. The only way to tell if your weight gain is in part due to hypothyroidism is to have your levels checked and interpreted by a specialist.
Selenium . Selenium 200 mcg daily for 6 months has been known to help lower high tpos. But consider finding a good integrative medicine doctor or an nd to help monitor you properly.