What can I do other than take in large amounts of calcium daily for my hyperparathyroidism?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: I think you meant

Hypoparathyroidism typically requires calcium and vitamin d supplementation.
Hyperparathyroidism on the other hand, causes hypercalcemia (high blood calcium) and in need for surgery or medication. It is important to distinguish the different types of hyperparathyroidism (primary versus secondary versus tertiary), so seeking an expert is advised.

In brief: I think you meant

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: No that is wrong

It is wrong to take large amount of Calcium for Hyperparathyroidism where the Calcium is already high in the blood and it will make even higher.Stop taking the calcium Follow with your Doctor or Endocrinologist get your blood checked for Calcium and if needed Parathyroid Hormone level and get proper treatment Who told you you have Hyperparathyroidism and to take large amount of calcium

In brief: No that is wrong

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Lynne clark
Breast Surgery

In brief: Confused

Hyperparathyroidism means you have too much calcium already.
Did you mean hypoparathyroidism? If so you need vitamin d as well as calcium to replace it. Again that is for low calcium associated with hypoparathyroidism.

In brief: Confused

Dr. Lynne clark
Dr. Lynne clark
Dr. Peter Kurzweil