I seem to have every symptom of hypothyroidism but nobody believes me, what can I do?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Blood test
I'd ask your physician to order you a thyroid panel (tsh, ft4 and thyroid peroxidase antibodies).
If the antibodies are negative and TSH and ft4 is normal, then you do not have a thyroid problem and we need to look at other causes for your symptoms. If the symptoms are truly caused by hypothyrodism, the labs should show it. I don't recommend going by symptoms alone. You need both symptoms & labs.

In brief: Blood test
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine
In brief: Reverse T3 (liothyronine)
Find a doctor to order a reverse t3, free T3 and free t4.
Reverse T3 should be in lower half or reference range, and free T3 in uppder half of its range. If not, then you have functional hypothyroidism and may need armour thyroid, not synthroid (thyroxine). Tsh is not accurate.. Almost do not bother looking at it.

In brief: Reverse T3 (liothyronine)
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Vicken Poochikian