I'm not quite sure I understand adrenal insufficiency- what is it exactly?

Dr. Mazen Kherallah
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Adrenal Insuficency

It is a decreased function of the adrenal glands that secrete cortisol and aldosterone.

In brief: Adrenal Insuficency

Dr. Mazen Kherallah
Dr. Mazen Kherallah
Dr. Saima Farghani
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Adrenal insufficienc

Adrenal glands are very iimportant endocrine glands in the body.
They are located on top of the kidneys one on each kidney. The adrenal gland secrete many different hormones infact it has 3 layers and each layer produces a different hormone. Adrenal insufficiency in general refers to the deficiency of the cortisol hormone that is produced by the middle layer of the adrenal gland . I.

In brief: Adrenal insufficienc

Dr. Saima Farghani
Dr. Saima Farghani
Dr. Steven Seres