Could my prolactin secreting tumor which is causing elevated prolactin levels also be affecting my thyroid?

Dr. Samuel Freedman

In brief: Prolactin

A tumor of the pituitary can interfere with other pituitary hormones like tsh.
This hormone stimulates thyroid hormone secretion and if low, can cause hypothyroidism.

In brief: Prolactin

Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Possible

If your prolactinoma is enlarging in size, then it can potentially create a pressure effect on cells in the pituitary gland that secrete tsh, the very signal that controls thyroid gland hormone production.
I urge you discuss this with your endocrinologist to see if imaging study is needed.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Peter Kurzweil