What can I expect at a chiropractor appointment?

Chiro Care. You can expect to be treated very professionally, with attention to your complaints. You will have a thorough assessment of your general musculoskeletal health. You may be referred for xrays depending upon your complaint and a program of therapy will likely be proposed. Chiropractic care uses a philosophy of manipulative therapy similar to massage and osteopathic manipulation to alleviate pain.
Ineffective therapy. Chiropractors use an ancient, outmoded, discredited theory of disease causation. They use unshielded x-rays to identify "subluxations" which they treat with a vigorous, and sometimes dangerous, massage. You can expect optimistic and global notions about treatment but will get a short term relief from the massage but no cure. See your regular doctor first and beware chiropractic.