Are midwife's more likely to be there when you give birth versus your ob/gyn?

Dr. Lanalee Sam

In brief: Depends

It really depends on your ob.
In my practice, i offer a concierge service where i limit my OB patients so that I am available to be with my patients during their entire labor, not just once its time to deliver. If having your ob/midwife there during your entire labor is important to you, then that is one of the questions you should ask when choosing the professional who will deliver your child.

In brief: Depends

It really depends on your ob.
Dr. Lanalee Sam
Dr. Lanalee Sam

In brief: Can't really tell

It is hard to tell whether a midwife or a doctor would be more likely to be at one particular delivery.
A pregnant woman can talk with her doctor to see if she (the patient) can specify whether she wants only the doctor, only the midwife, or either practitioner to be at the delivery. Some patients don't care which person delivers the baby, while other patients have specific preferences.

In brief: Can't really tell

Dr. Shontae Buffington