Which doctors can help you claim mental disability?

Psychiatry/Physiatry. You will need an established diagnosis and course of treatment that prevents you from being able to work for over one year to apply for federal disability. If your mental disorder is due to physical trauma, your treatment should be complete with proof of continued work impairments measured. Living alone, driving, managing your own finances and computer use show rehabilitation potential.
Many. Your family physician can help, your internest can help, your psychiatrist can help, your neurologist can help, your geriatrician can help. You maybe aided by a neuro-psychologist, a general psychologist and many others.