How can dentists help with acid reflux?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Help with diagnosis

Dentists can help in making the diagnosis of acid reflux based on symptoms they may see during a dental exam. These symptoms could include increased tooth decay and enamel damage to the molars and halitosis (bad breath.
) continue seeing your dentist and doctor regularly.

In brief: Help with diagnosis

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Srijan Mehta
General Practice

In brief: Diagnosis and TX

I would like to add also if you feel that the back surface of the front teeth specially should be evaluated by a dentist.
Some times due to acid reflux these teeth may need to be crowned as the enamel is worn away quickly.

In brief: Diagnosis and TX

Dr. Srijan Mehta
Dr. Srijan Mehta

In brief: They can't help much

They can help you protect your teeth from the acid produced that can damage your teeth, but you need to see a gastroenterologist.

In brief: They can't help much

Dr. Kevin Sambuchino
Dr. Kevin Sambuchino
Dr. Peter Kurzweil