How can dentists help with acid reflux?

Help with diagnosis. Dentists can help in making the diagnosis of acid reflux based on symptoms they may see during a dental exam. These symptoms could include increased tooth decay and enamel damage to the molars and halitosis (bad breath.) continue seeing your dentist and doctor regularly.
Diagnosis and TX. I would like to add also if you feel that the back surface of the front teeth specially should be evaluated by a dentist. Some times due to acid reflux these teeth may need to be crowned as the enamel is worn away quickly.
They can't help much. They can help you protect your teeth from the acid produced that can damage your teeth, but you need to see a gastroenterologist.