What dental procedures can general practitioners do?

Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: Dentist
My recommendation is for you to get most dental procedures performed at a dentist.
Wishing you the very best!

In brief: Dentist
Wishing you the very best!
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. BARRY ETON
A well trained general dentist can do almost all dental procedures. This was the philosophy of my mentor, an MD, DDS.
Dr. John Comisi
Dentistry
In brief: Dentist vs. MD
There are general practitioners in both dentistry and medicine.
For dental procedures please be sure to see a dentist, typically a general dentist. The can and will provide most every type of dental care. If they wish they will sometimes refer you to a specialist for care needing additional specialty care. But most dentists can and will do all phases of dentistry.

In brief: Dentist vs. MD
Dr. John Comisi
Dr. John Comisi
Dr. Jason Campbell
In brief: See Dentist
I agree with dr. Ferdowsi - primary care providers do not have training for dental procedures (unless they have specifically sought those skills).
However your medical health provider may be able to offer antibiotics for an infection or recommend other assistance until you are able to get in to be seen by a dentist.

In brief: See Dentist
Dr. Jason Campbell
Dr. Jason Campbell
In brief: Depends on comfort
A general dentist is trained in all aspects is dentistry.
Some procedures require additional training and skill which can be obtained by continuing education and additional schooling. Many general dentists have procedures that they refer to specialists if they feel that they cannot provide the level of care that the specialist could. Many do perform advanced procedure very well.

In brief: Depends on comfort
Dr. Willis Hardesty
Dr. Willis Hardesty
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry
In brief: Dentistry
Dentist can perform anything from simple cleanings and fillings to complex surgical procedures involving the teeth, bone and gums of the oral cavity.
Most general dentist can perform any dental procedure they are trained to do.

In brief: Dentistry
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
In brief: GP's and dentistry
None. Gp's are not trained in dental procedures.

In brief: GP's and dentistry
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Andrea Brand