Should I consult my health practitioner before using marijuana?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Definitly

Your should always consult your physician regarding the use of a powerful drug such as marijuana.
Past that i dont know why you are considering using marijuana. Is it for medical or recreational use?

In brief: Definitly

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Tough question

Are you talking about "medical marijuana?" if that is the case, then you have to get a permission letter to legally obtain marijuana in the 18 or so states where it is legal.
This is for weight loss from cancer etc., severe pain syndromes, glaucoma and other problems. If you already have lung problems, smoking is not a good idea, whether of marijuana or tobacco. Your pcp is not likely to approve.

In brief: Tough question

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Eric Weisman