Are foot/hand swelling related to hives?

Not necessarily. Hives are the bodies overly aggressive and incorrect response to some sort of stimulus that it doesn't recognize. Swelling is fairly common, as it can represent simply a different ind of inflammation, but significant hand and feet swelling could represent other things, too, and should warrant a doctor visit.
Yes. Hives is also associated with angioedema (swelling within the dermis and deeper tissues). Areas affected include around the eyes, the tongue, lips, throat, abdomen, genitals, and hands & feet.