How can I optimize my immune system against environmental hazards?

Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Optimized immunity
The best way to optimize you immune system is to get all recommended vaccinations.
Occasionally, some persons suffer with a poorly functional immune system. Persons with this problem may have more frequent infections that their peers or have unusual infections. More than 3 separate episodes of ear infections per year in children over age 2 or more than 3 episodes of sinusitis is suspicious.

In brief: Optimized immunity
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Gary Steven
In brief: See an allergist.
I assume that you're referring to environmental allergies, but maybe not.
If you are, the first step is to see an allergist to get tested to the types of allergens that are common in your region; with that knowledge, your allergist can give you the best advice on what to do to minimize your symptoms/reactions.

In brief: See an allergist.
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Peter Kurzweil