Do I need to see a doctor if I think I was poisoned by carbon monoxide?

Yes. A co level must be evaluated to decide on therapy!
Probably not. If you are alert enough to be asking this question and are no longer at the site where you might have been exposed to carbon monoxide, then you probably can wait out the condition while your body replaces its red cells.

Related Questions

Doctors, what are the biggest risk factors for carbon monoxide poisoning?

That's easy. The major risk factor for carbon monoxide poisoning is breathing in a lot of carbon monoxide. You don't need a doctor to tell you that; yout mother can tell you that. I'm not being rude; I'm pointing out that your question doesn't require any medical knowledge or expertise. It's something anyone can look up & understand. Check the websites of the CDC & the Consumer Products Safety Commission. Read more...

I had carbon monoxide poisoning and I am wondering if I still have it and should I go to a doctor, I still have a lot of the same symptoms I had?

Get carbon monoxide . It normally clears with therapy in 4 hours and you should have no symptoms unless you r getting exposed at home get your exhaust system checked. Read more...

What kind of testing is needed for chronic exposure to carbon monoxide and natural gas leaks? What kind of testing is needed for chronic exposure to carbon monoxide and natural gas leaks from gas furnace? Or what type of doctor to see? Chronic exposure

The . The best way to find thorough testing in your area is to contact your local poison center. They will be able to direct you to a toxicologist who can guide you in the right direction. Read more...
Carbon . Carbon monoxide poisoning -- whether acute or chronic -- is determined by measuring your carboxyhemoglobin levels. In cases of overexposure, your carboxyhemoglobin level will be elevated, but it will only remain high as long as you continue to be exposed to carbon monoxide. It is very difficult to document carbon monoxide poisoning (or exposure to natural gas leaks) two years after exposure ceased. There have been scattered reports of chronic, low-level carbon monoxide exposure leading to permanent memory loss, tremors, or learning disorders, but it isn't clear if such exposures cause permanent neurologic damage in all people. If you are having persistent symptoms you believe are related to carbon monoxide exposure between 1999 and 2009, a neurologist might be able to sort things out. Sometimes a brain MRI reveals characteristic changes in people who have experienced chronic carbon monoxide exposure. I hope that helps! Read more...

How are people poisoned by carbon monoxide?

Treacherous. I trust you are not a smoker. A faulty home heater can kill an entire family in their sleep. An old automobile without a catalytic converter can kill a would-be garage suicide as well as his family in the adjacent rooms. Faulty engines in airplanes are infamous. Using the barbecue indoors is a very bad idea. Do not go back into a burning building. Read more...