How can I prevent stress from my environment from 'getting to me'?

Dr. Gabriela Cora
In brief: Ground Yourself
A bit of stress may give you enough fuel to overcome challenges but perceiving the environment as constantly stressful may prevent you from doing your best.
Look at challenges as an opportunity to grow. Decide what you can--and what you cannot control. Exercise regularly, relax every day, eat healthy meals at regular intervals and protect your sleep time to recover from your daily challenges.

In brief: Ground Yourself
Dr. Gabriela Cora
Dr. Gabriela Cora
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Simple meditation
There are many ways in which to relieve stress.
Meditation is an important and effective way to do this. A simple meditation technique: find a quiet, comfortable place where you can be undisturbed. Close your eyes and take slow deep breaths inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth, "hyper-focusing" on listening to your breaths. Do this for 5-20 minutes daily.

In brief: Simple meditation
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Relaxation
In brief: Relaxation
Techniques or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine