How can I prevent bad breath? Is there a medicine I can take to get rid of my foul smell?

Dental hygiene. First make sure you've got the basics covered. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day. Using a mouthwash can help also. If these measures aren't working then you should see your dentist as you could have gum disease which is contributing to the bad breath. It's also a good idea to have regular routine dental visits for cleanings.
Hydrogen Peroxide. Human mouths are superloaded with bacteria for your information. Drink alkaline water with the pH of 10 or gurgle and brush your teeth as well as your tongue with hydrogen peroxide daily especially before going to bed at night and repeat in the morning.
Make an appointment. To see a dentist. Decay and gum disease can also cause upper respiratory infection and the post nasal drip along with the bacteria coming from the infected gum tissue and teeth.