It always feels like someone is strangling me. Could something be wrong with my throat or is this all neurological?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Acid Reflux

It is best to get checked by your local ent.
I hear this complaint a lot. It is "laryngospasm." the number one cause would be acid reflux. Simple over the counter meds like Zantac (ranitidine) and/or Prilosec can be very helpful.

In brief: Acid Reflux

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Daniel Spilman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Globus

Throat pressure is commonly called globus pharyngeus and is most commonly caused by acid refluxing to the back of the throat.
It can also happen with post nasal drip from allergy and less frequently neurological disorders cranial nerves 9 and 10.

In brief: Globus

Dr. Daniel Spilman
Dr. Daniel Spilman
Dr. Eric Weisman