I have neck pain and my throat hurts. Are these two symptoms related? What are the common causes of these symptoms?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: They may be as
An upper respiratory infection can lead to enlarged & painful lymph nodes in neck making neck feeling painful or just muscular pain or myalgias related to the infection or you could have 2 separate issues occurring at the same time such as an infection & neck issue .
See your doctor if the sore throat persists more than a day or you have increasing neck pain just to make sure not a meningitis

In brief: They may be as
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Paul Slosar
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Too many to list
They may be unrelated but it is impossible to advise on those 2 very common problems over the internet.
In person medical evaluation is best if symptoms are problematic.

In brief: Too many to list
Dr. Paul Slosar
Dr. Paul Slosar
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine