My throat feels like it's closing up! what should I do? Go to the er?

Dr. William Lewis
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: ASAP
You should go to the er immediately with any airway issues or a feeling that your throat is closing up.

In brief: ASAP
Dr. William Lewis
Dr. William Lewis
In brief: Call 911
A person who feels his throat closing up needs to call 911 from a land-line phone, or from a cell phone if no land-line phone.
If the person is having a rapidly swelling tongue or throat, he may not make it to the E.R. In time. Usually, the fire department and paramedics can arrive faster (if they can find the person's location). If a person carries epipen, (epinephrine) he can self-inject and call 911 too.

In brief: Call 911
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine