I've tried hydrocortisone ointment for my ears, but my ears still itches. What can I do?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Otic Itch
Itchy ears is a conundrum that many people face.
If you have simply used over the counter Hydrocortisone cream then you might need a stronger cream or ointment for the ears. There is also a product called derm otic (expensive) that might help if eczema is also an issue with the ears.

In brief: Otic Itch
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Vinegar/peroxide
Mix white vinegar and peroxide equal parts and use a bit to clean the ears.
The white vinegar is a natural antibiotic and anti fungal. Avoid q-tips! if the symptoms persist, see your ENT for evaluation. You could have a chronic infection which is easy to treat, but may require prescription medications. Best wishes.

In brief: Vinegar/peroxide
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman