I have a tickling feeling in my ear. Should I get it checked out by my physician?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Tickly Ear
A tickling sensation in your ear, could mean that the skin of the ear is dry, or that there is foreign material in your ear canal.
A tickling sensation may also mean that an external ear infection (otitis externa) is beginning. Definitely have your physician examine your ears. Resist the urge to try to alleviate the tickle sensation by using a q-tip or other device to "clean" your ear.

In brief: Tickly Ear
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
Although this is unlikely anything serious, if it is bothering you, get your doctor to look into your ear and see what the problem is.

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: OTC ear drops
Sounds like a mild case of external otitis.
Keep ear dry except for use of OTC ear drops. Ask pharmacist. No Q-tips. If symptoms persist or progress to pain, see ENT doc.

In brief: OTC ear drops
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery