Is it normal for my right and left ears to hurt at different times? What kind of tests can I take?

Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Ear pain

There are multiple causes for ear pain and not all of them involve the ears.
If it persists, see an ENT who should be able to give you an idea of the what the cause is. Feel better!

In brief: Ear pain

Dr. David Martin
Dr. David Martin
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: See your MD or ENT

Ear pain can be caused by ear infections, both inner and outer as well as other problems.
Another common cause of ear pain in my office is temporal mandibular joint dysfunction (tmj/tmd i.e. Jaw joint pain). If the problem is recurring and/or not responding to therapy, seek the care of a specialist. A knowledgable exam will determine the problem. Best wishes.

In brief: See your MD or ENT

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Andrea Brand