I'm really sensitive to sound. Is there a way to dull my sensitivity?

Dr. Nick Debnath
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Hyperacusis

Hyperacusis is a disorder in loudness perception.
Patients suffering this may appear overly sensitive to a range of sounds, finding many noises unbearable and painfully loud. A hearing test and physical exam is required, and hyperacusis acoustic therapy and counseling may reduce reactions to the sounds.

In brief: Hyperacusis

Dr. Nick Debnath
Dr. Nick Debnath
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes? sound therapy?

Background noise problem or cocktail party syndrome.
There may be several factors which explain the remarkable effectiveness of sound therapy for background noise differentiation problems. The ability to differentiate and focus on specific sounds in a noisy environment is partly a function of the ear and partly of the brain. Continue reading in the link below?

In brief: Yes? sound therapy?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Steven Seres