How long does hyperemesis gravidarum typically last in pregnancy?

Most cases <Week 13. To be honest, having morning sickness even one day can be unpleasant. However, most cases only last a brief time and rarely carry over into the second trimester. If long-lasting or severe, it is best to notify an OB provider.
12-14 weeks. The symptoms of nausea and vomiting vary from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy. In most cases it resolves around week 12-14 but it can be shorter or longer depending on the person.