I have a lot of spit in my mouth constantly. Is this normal? How can I reduce the amount of spit my mouth is producing?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Excess saliva?

Saliva is good thing for lots of reasons.
Not having enough saliva can be a problem. There are many things that could cause excess salivation. I would suggest seeing a dentist first to determine first, if you truly have excess salivary production, whether it's normal but you are just focusing in on the possibility, and if truly excessive, what might be the possible causes (dental or medical).

In brief: Excess saliva?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Saliva

While there are medicines that can dry out your mouth, their side effects are significant.
If your nose is stuffy, mouth breathing can give you more saliva. Typically, too much saliva is preferable to too little saliva.

In brief: Saliva

Dr. David Martin
Dr. David Martin
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Allergies?

Maybe it is simply drainage from your nose leading to excessive oral secretions.
It could also be that the salivary glands are over-active. I would first see an allergist to determine if it is allergies, then seek further support if it is your salivary glands.

In brief: Allergies?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Adam Smith