Is it bad to go to sleep with a sore throat? Will I choke in my sleep?

Dr. David Edsall
Anesthesiology

In brief: Anesthesia

Do you mean asleep at night or asleep as in anesthesia? If anesthesia it is better to wait until 2 weeks after sore throat ends.
U will not choke with either type of sleep.

In brief: Anesthesia

Dr. David Edsall
Dr. David Edsall

In brief: Very extremely rare

People who have a sore throat will fall asleep with some soreness in the throat, since their sore throats won't suddenly stop hurting.
It is extremely rare for a person to go to bed with a sore throat and end up choking to death in his sleep. A large ruptured throat abscess, great swelling in the voice box area, or an infection of the epiglottis are some things that might choke a person to death.

In brief: Very extremely rare

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine