There's blood in my spit. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Dr. Valencia Porter
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Where is it from
You should figure out if the blood in your spit is from your mouth including gums, from your upper airway (i.
e. Nose) or from your throat or if you are producing sputum from your lungs that has blood in it. If coming from your mouth or nose and you can identify where it is coming from (a sore, dry nose, etc) then you will want to find out how to stop it. If from your throat or lungs, get checked.

In brief: Where is it from
Dr. Valencia Porter
Dr. Valencia Porter
Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Blood
If it is in your saliva, it could be from a tooth, a cut in the mouth, biting your tongue.
If it is from your throat, it could be from your nose (postnasal drip), your throat (growths) or your lungs. See your doctor if it does not improve quickly.

In brief: Blood
Dr. David Martin
Dr. David Martin
Dr. Andrea Brand