It always feels like something is stuck in my throat. Should I be worried?

Dr. Cecilia Alailima
General Practice

In brief: ENT evaluation to

Rule out foreign body, infection, tumor, structural or functional abnormality is most important.
Even if the exam is normal, a follow-up with ENT in 2-4 months is warranted if the symptoms persist, sooner if they worsen. "worrying" is not productive and in fact may contribute to the sense of something stuck in the throat. Reasonable concern, a good action plan w/ follow thru and stay relaxed.

In brief: ENT evaluation to

Dr. Cecilia Alailima
Dr. Cecilia Alailima
Dr. Michele Richards
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Any persistent irritation or sensation that is different should be evaluated by an otolaryngologist.
The majority of the time a 'globus sensation' is due to reflex or post-nasal drainage. Cancers can cause similar symptoms though and the only way to be sure is to look at your throat.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Michele Richards
Dr. Michele Richards
Dr. Steven Seres