Is it alright to eat two eggs each day if I have hypertension? If I have hypertension, is it safe for me to eat up to two eggs per day? .

Dr. Duane Berkompas
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Probably not

Two of the known contributors to heart attack are hypertension and high cholesterol.
One egg yolk alone is said to contain nearly 300mg of cholesterol. We typically advise people to try and stay under that amount for the whole day. To know for sure though, ask your doctor to order both a fasting lipid panel and a high sensitivity CRP blood test. This will give you the answer to your question.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Duane Berkompas
Dr. Duane Berkompas
Dr. Adam Smith