My diverticulitis keeps coming back after I finish antibiotics. This is my 4th time! what can I do?

Dr. Sidney Vinson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: See doctor, surgery
If you have well documented diverticulitis (i.
e. Ct proven) then you would probably be a good candidate for surgery. It is important to take the proper antibiotics for 10-14 days to try to cure the infection. A ct should be done to exclude abscess formation as well. You should see your dictor.

In brief: See doctor, surgery
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Surgery
Time for a surgeon to remove your affected colon.

In brief: Surgery
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Antibiotics
Should be taken for 14 days and you need to stay on a no fiber diet for 6 weeks to allow the colon to heal.
If this has been done and you are still having issues, elective surgery between severe attacks is the best option.

In brief: Antibiotics
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery