I think my friend has drunkorexia, how can I get her to realize this?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Drunkorexia
"drunkorexia" describes someone who has both an eating disorder and alcohol abuse.
The person may avoid food and consume her only calories via alcohol. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111017171506.htm getting someone to have insight about this is difficult, since the behavior itself avoids reality. Consider gathering friends & family together with a professional interventionist.

In brief: Drunkorexia
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Let me try this.
Orexis in latin means appetite.
Are you saying that your friend has an excessive appetite for being drunk? If that's the case you friend may need alcoholics anonymous or even detox with an alcohol rehab program to follow. If you have spotted this as a problem you probably are right. Also, women are more likely to be solitary drinkers if drinking to excess. Talk to her and have her get help.

In brief: Let me try this.
Orexis in latin means appetite.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine