I'm midlife and having a hard time seeing what my purpose for life is anymore, what can I do?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Finding purpose

Having a purpose in life is critically important to our mental and physical well-being.
One technique I use is to imagine you are celebrating your 90th birthday with family and friends. Each one comes up to a podium and tells the audience how you have played a role in his/her life. What do you want them to say; what do you want the others to hear? A life coach may be able to help you with this.

In brief: Finding purpose

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: What do you

Consider to be midlife? 30, 40, 60? What are you interested in? What do you love? What are your beliefs? If you are not sure, see a therapist to help you figure it out.

In brief: What do you

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine